Friday, July 10, 2009

Squigglefly Challenge #9


Good evening, hope all is well with you. This post is for the Squigglefly Challenge #9. Kim was in charge of the challenge this week, and let me tell you it is a doozy!!! She gave us the challenge of making a one layer card with only one embellishment(holy cow)! I don't know if I've ever made a one layer card, so this was definitely a challenge for me. I decided to use a sentiment which did make it a little bit easier. The sentiment is of course from Squigglefly, and called "bee happy". I just inserted it into microsoft office and from there could re size it. I colored with my copics and added some polka dots to the word "happy" with my gel pen. I added stickles to the wings and along the trail of the bee. I finished it off with some polka dot ribbon with knots on each end. The ribbon is from Michael's. So if you really like challenges I suggest you try this one. Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful evening!

20 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

eeeekkkk soooo cute. love the polka dots with the be. precious!

Anonymous said...

Sara, this turned out gorgeous!! Beautiful job on the challenge!! ;)

The Wired Angel said...

Love this kind of look Sara.. great job.

Unknown said...

how cute, its a wonderful card!

Jennifer Scull said...

how absolutely adorable! and that ribbon is just perfect for this! you SO nailed the challenge!!!!! :)

Michelle said...

Too cute! I love things with bees on them!! Great idea to match polka dots too on the letters of "happy"!! TFS ;)!

Dru said...

Cute!! Love the polka dots!! LYMom

Jacquel said...

This is such a pretty card Sara! tfs!!!

Jaspere said...

Wow your one layer card looks awesome. It turned out SOOOOO much better than mine.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You did a great job! One layer cards can be hard.

Tina said...

Love your bee card sooo cute!

Heather Huggins said...

Great job on the one layer challenge!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love it! The pattern on the word happy, the little bee and the double knot on that great ribbon!

Harriet said...

what a cute card and I am so happy to meet you and excited about being on the sketch girls team together...

can wait to see everyone's creation...

Angie Williams said...

Pretty card! Love the dotted ribbon.

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is soooo cute! I love how you used the ribbon like that (:

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

I love this card. The color and image just really pop. The ribbon is a very nice choice as well.

Holly Young said...

How the heck did I miss this card last week?! I think it's great Sara! I especially like how you did the word "happy". The way you tied the ribbon on both ends is a wonderful look!

Debby said...

Uh wow. This is perfect!

Katy Myhre said...

Adoreable! I love the wording!