Monday, July 20, 2009

The Character Cafe Release Day and a Blog Hop


Good morning, hope all is well with you. Today is the 2nd Blog Hop for TCC. So if you came here from TCC's DT page, then your are on the right track. Now from here you will go to Mary's blog. From there she will have a link to where you go next. Remember you have to go on the hop in order to collect the code. Everyone will have 1 piece of the code and you have to have them in order. The code will be good for 30% off. And don't forget that one person along the way will have a "freebie". Don't forget to leave a comment for all the wonderful work along the way. Now, onto my card. I'm using the new release called "Ty the Lemonade Guy". Isn't he such a boy! I love his little frog in the jar, totally reminds me of my son, Jesse. He' s always bringing something home to keep in a jar. I gotta tell you that this card was a lot of work for me. I don't usually do boy cards, and now I know why. I think I just need to go buy some boy paper, it would probably help alot! I'm sure my husband will love that-lol! Anyway, I colored him with my copics, and added some ink around the edges. The CS is bazzill, and DP is DCWV. I added the buttons which totally made the card, in my opinion.

Now, my piece of the code is the number "8", and don't forget you have to have them in order for them to work. There will be drawings for prizes also, but you do have to leave a comment on every blog along the way, and at the TCC blog as the last stop. So have fun, and get some great new images!

29 comments:

Shelley said...

Sara, great card. Very colourful background and well coloured image. Happy Blog Hop Day, Shelley

TesaB said...

Awesome card, Sara! It's such a great boy image, looks like a lot of fun to color and you've done that so beautifully!!!

Kelly said...

Great Card Sara!!
This is one of my favs for this month's release. I just love your colouring and choice of colours.
Your right the buttons finish it off perfect.
Kelly

cr8iveme said...

what a great card.

very summery.

{hugs}
Mary

Kendra said...

Sara, you did a FANTASTIC job on this :) I adore this little guy (he's my fav... named for/looks like my own son he he) Love the inking too... great job!

Angie Williams said...

What a fab image! He is adorable! super card...

Becky said...

What an awesome image, and your coloring is fabulous..

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awww, he's so cute! I love the little frog on the side! Great card, Sara!

lorene said...

reat little boy card!!! You did a great job! little boy cards are so hard for me. thanks for the inspiration!!

Lorene H

Dru said...

Turned out cute! Looks like my Jess!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Cute card, Sara!

Tami Putvin said...

I love that background paper you choose. The card turned out adorable. I'm following now so I can keep up on your wonderful creations. Thank you.

Verda said...

You did a great job on your "Boy" card. I love it and he also reminds me of my son who is now in his 40's when he was little. He loved to "sell" koolaid.

Scrapping Julie said...

so cute and all of the colors look great together

Holly Young said...

this is so cute! Your coloring is great!

Rhonda said...

He is so cute!

Lois said...

Very boyish, Sara. Cute card.

Julies Crafty Creations said...

What a fab image! He is adorable! Super card. Hugs Julie x

Steph said...

just love it Sara!
I think the DP is perfect, and I agree, it's the paper that 'makes' it a boy card! lol
love the buttons too!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Sara,

Finally have a moment to do the Hop myself!!

I love this card the zig zag paper and the argile paper go so well together and I really like how you catty cornered that image panel!!

This was my favorite image of the whole release I can not wait to try to color him up too!!!

Heather

Christine said...

cute card sara.

KSR said...

Great job ... love to see boyish projects!

Jacquel said...

Very pretty Sara and I adore that image!

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is sooo sweet! Love this colorful card (:

Kryssi said...

very cute!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Super cute. Love the distressing on the image panel and your choice of background paper. The "waves" are a really nice touch.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a happy card! and you know I'm lovin' those buttons! ;)

Piali said...

cute card!! great job coloring it. lovely DP.

Stampin2day said...

Love the lemonade stand! So cute! Ideas are floating in my head already!