Friday, July 24, 2009

TCC Feature Friday 4


Good morning, hope all is well with you. First I must apologize for not having this up sooner, and for not posting anything all week. My back has been out, and it was everything I could do to get this project done. And I just couldn't sit here anymore. But I'm back and with my project. So, today is the 4th week of Feature Friday for TCC. It's of course also the fourth week for the Work it Wednesday over on TCC's blog. This week for WIW, Tesa gave us a tutorial on stitching. So, I figured I could do this, doesn't look that hard right!? Yeah, right!! As you can see mine looks nothing like hers, and of course it's not straight even though I used a ruler, but oh well I did try! I used the Flower Ziggy image, and made a notebook. I colored my image with copics, and tried something else new-outlining the image to make it look like it's shadowed. I like it, what do you think. I most definitely like it better than the stitching(lol). The CS is Bazzill, and the DP is MM. The ribbon is from Michael's. And the flowers are primas with jewels added in the middle. Oh, I did add stickles to her wings. So, now for the business. We've started having a guest DT on Friday's and this week is Verda, if you go to this blog you will be able to meet her and see her gorgeous card that she made. Of course please visit the other DT's blogs to see their fab creations this week. Also don't forget that if you participate in the WIW challenges, leave us a link on the blog and you could win a prize and be our next guest DT. If you upload to SCS please use TCCWIW4 in your upload so that we can find it. You have until Thursday the 28th at 12 pm EST to be eligible for the prize. If you don't have a blog you can email your submissions to tesabroman@yahoo.com. So have fun, I can't wait to see what you create.


18 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Well Sara for someone who is in pain and can not move much (I have been there I am so sorry you are having to go through this!!!)

You totally can not tell by this card!!! This is so cute I love your sewing and I really love the papers and ribbon you choose!!!

Totally Great Project Sara!!!

Heather

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Beeeutiful. I like the way you put this together. The diamond-shaped panel beind the bee really sets a nice stage for the image. Flowers and ribbon are great emellishments. Hope your back is better.

Becky said...

This is so cute!!Love the polka dot paper and that bee is just beee-tiful

Scrapping Julie said...

she is so cute. sorry to hear about your back pain. feel better soon!

Kendra said...

Aww Sara, sure hope you're back heals soon! This card is fabulous and you know, your stitching looks great regardless of how straight it is, it looks hand stitched. Love the papers too and your colouring!

Lesly said...

What a precious bee. Hope you're feeling better soon! TFS.

TesaB said...

Sorry to hear about your back! I hope it gets better really soon!! And I'm amazed that you pulled this together in spite of your pain. It's GORGEOUS! Love the stitching, makes a beautiful frame and that shadowing ad such dimension!

I hope you can have a beautiful weekend in spite of your pain! Take care! Hugs Tesa

Michelle said...

Tht is really cute! I love the orange, yellow and black combo too! It "pops! TFS;)!

Jacquel said...

Cute card Sara and I like the layout!

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE that bee!!! What a sweet, happy card!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

That is one super cute image and you really did it justice. Great layout and perfect embellishments.

Harriet said...

OMG how cute is this card....beautiful colors

Steph said...

That paper is fantastic Sara!
you did a great job with Ziggy- I think your stitching is perfect, the big craze is to do it in a random pattern, so see! you were just ahead of the pack!
hope your back feels better!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Sara, I'm sorry you have to deal with a bad back right now. I hurt my back twice last year and the first time had me down for a good week. I feel your pain Sistah and I hope you feel better soon!

Your card is great! My stitching is never straight and I don't even try to get it straight. Your stitching looks great!

Jennifer Scull said...

gosh, take it easy and feel better soon!
in spite of your back problems, you created an adorable card! it's bee-utiful!! :)

hope you are back on your feet again soon!

Gina Lindsay said...

Take it easy on the back, I can totally understand, mine has been giving me fits for the past couple of weeks. Cute card, I love the orange flowers on the image and at the bottom. Isn't it great how that outlining really adds so much depth!

Dru said...

I had been waiting for you to post a new card, then I missed it! This card is just the cutest - love that bee!!!

Kelly said...

Hi Sara, Hope your back is feeling better soon!! I Just love your card...She is sooo stinkin' cute!!
love the flowers, the papers, your stitching and your colouring.
Awesome job!!
Kelly